Friday, September 14, 2012

Back at Ringling

Hey all!  The fall semester at Ringling has started and it's moving fast!  It's good to be back and what I learned this summer has really been helpful.

I'm taking a computer illustration class and we've started with Illustrator.  Illustrator and I have a love-hate relationship, but I can't really complain about this assignment because the reference photos made me so happy.  The assignment was general (create an "icon" that fits in a series of three), so when in doubt, I turn to food for inspiration.





















I'm also taking a concept design class towards my visual development minor.  We've been playing around with the idea of abstract silhouettes and then finding the characters through the shape language. These guys were all inspired by shadows and textures I found walking about Ringling campus.


No comments:

Post a Comment